Hiking is a wonderful way to inundate yourself in the outdoors. Transported by your own two feet and carrying only what you need for the day on your back, you can discover the beauty of nature at whatever pace you’re comfortable with. And, with a little planning and preparation, it’s an activity that almost anyone can do.
Hiking hobby is type of walking, It is useful hobby.
What is the Hiking ?
Hiking is just walking on a trail instead of a road or sidewalk. That’s it! If you like the idea of hiking, but you’re thinking it’s not for you, it IS for you. and If you want to hike, you can. If you’re concerned that you might not be able to because of a disability, or your age, or your size, you can!
Is Hiking hobby is an expensive ?
While hiking has become a popular pastime for many, it would be a fib to say it’s the cheapest hobby on the planet. By the time you purchase your gear and get ready for the trails, it’s amazing how much money you’ve invested. Before you commit yourself to the hobby, try hiking with these budget friendly tips.
The list of essential hiking gear is as follows:
- Sunglasses, sun cream and a sun hat
- Spare warm clothing
- Headlamp and/or handheld torch
- First-aid kit
- More food and water than you need
The above tips equipment are the absolute basics that you should always have with you.
It may not be possible to bring all of these on the trail, so choose the ones that are most relevant to your type of hike.
Extra Hiking Essentials:
- Lip balm .
- Spare batteries.
- Water filtration system.
- Emergency shelter .
- Sleeping bag .
- Whistle .
- Insect repellent .
- Binoculars .
- Trekking poles .
- Rubbish bag –Rain gear .
- Piece of cord/rope .
- Blister kit .
- Toilet paper .
- Itinerary of your hike.
- Emergency contact info .
Hiking activities :
Check out some of these ideas for your next trip.
- Nature Drawings. If you have younger kids on your hike, you’ll need to take frequent rest breaks for water and snacks.
- Scavenger Hunts for All Ages.
- Rainbow Hunt Game. .
- Senses Hunt Game.
- Keep a Hiking Journal.
If you want to read and learn another activates of hiking in details . you can read this post about Activities of Hiking
How to start Hiking ?
First you should decide the place that you hike .
A wonderful thing about hiking in Washington State is that we have different climates including everything from rainforest to desert, and we have many different terrains and places to hike: beaches, forests, river valleys, high alpine views, deserts, canyons and waterfalls. We have hikes that can be done any time of year.
It can be hard to choose! In addition to checking out my list of the best hikes in Washington, here are three strategies for deciding where to go:
- Washington Trails Association‘s page, where you can read trip reports to see what the conditions are like on a particular trail from folks who hiked it recently (for example, has the snow melted out on a particular trail? what’s the road like getting there?).
- Build a list of ideas for where you’d like to go. I keep a list (I use google docs) of old favorites as well as trails I want to do. As a beginner, so you can build a list of where you want to go and put them in order of difficulty if you want to work up to doing harder hikes So . I keep mine organized by season and weather.
- Sign up for my monthly newsletter! In it I suggest an easy and a moderate hike that are good options for the month ahead. Every Wednesday I post an idea for the upcoming weekend on my Instagram page too!
What is the best time of the year to Hike?
It is an activity available most of the year, depending on the area. Winter is not a preferred season for hiking programs, as it can be harsher and more dangerous. Most mountain areas where ski sports are practiced during the winter are suitable for hiking programs on the warmer months.,. This is strictly specific to each location and its particular geographic and weather conditions.
It is useful for you read about Benefit of Hiking